Social media makes it easy and free for you to create an online presence for your event.
You can set up your event in Facebook, create a Twitter account for it, and prepare a YouTube account to share videos after the event has taken place.
Don’t forget to connect with us too – we’ll share details of your event with all our followers as well.
This campaign is all about communities, and we want to encourage you to become active participants.
Here are a few ways to interact with us on social media
– Follow us on Twitter – we’ll follow you back: https://twitter.com/WorldPIWeek / @WorldPIWeek
– Like our World PI Week Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/World-PI-Week/386251624802204?ref=stream
– Share this website with your own followers by clicking on the green share button at the top right of every page – or by clicking on the sharing links within the World PI Week Story
-Book on the homepage.
Share your activities around World PI Week with us, to increase your visibility
– Share your stories about access to treatment, diagnosis, community support, etc.
– Post on our Facebook wall with pictures and comments on the campaign and your event
– Share information about activities happening in your city
Send us direct messages on Twitter if you have questions about the campagin
NB: Remember to use the hashtag #WPIW every time you tweet about your event or PI in general – if we all use the same # our visibility is strengthened.
Please make sure to take plenty of photos and videos at your event. These visuals bring the event to life, and will help you (and us) to promote World PI Week 2014.
Additionally, it’s a great way to bring event attendees to your website and / or social pages following your event. Remember though that all photos are not created equal!
Find someone who loves taking photos and give them the task of capturing the event for you.
After the event, save your photos to Facebook (or another site) and your upload your videos to You Tube.
And please let us know
where they are! (Or just send them direct to: firstname.lastname@example.org.)