Millions of people live with a compromised immune system worldwide due to a genetic defect. Together, we can make a difference in their lives by stimulating early diagnosis and access to care.
World PI Week 2021 will embrace three main topics:
Ensuring the availability of plasma is essential to produce life-saving therapies for many patients
- A sustainable, high-quality supply of human plasma and increased plasma collection are paramount for people relying on plasma-derived therapies, like many PID patients
- The availability of plasma is dependent on donations and the commitment of donors
- By donating plasma, you save lives
- PID is a key indication for immunoglobulin therapies, as acknowledged in the WHO list of essential medicines
Patient safety & protection – focus on vaccination
By protecting each other with vaccination, we protect people with primary immunodeficiency
- Vaccination plays a key role in protecting patients with primary immunodeficiency
- To be safe, patients need (continuous) access to quality care and treatment
- Patient safety goes hand in hand with the safety of health workers during COVID-19 and beyond
Quality of life & health outcomes
Research, early diagnosis and better access to treatment help improve patients’ quality of life
- Ensuring availability and access to diagnosis and treatment for all PID patients worldwide should remain a priority
- Research and data collection are essential to innovate, progress clinical practices and improve outcomes for patients
- The wellbeing of patients and families is intertwined with availability of care, multi-disciplinary, integrated and patient-centred care; and heightened awareness of the disease at policy, medical & societal levels
- Patients’ mental health is as important as their physical health
Raising awareness of defects of the immune system such as PID takes on an even greater significance amid COVID-19.
Join the campaign, help make a difference! Strike a Y, show support to the PID cause!
World PI Week 2021 promotes:
Find all World PI Week general materials here. Sneakers StoreSneaker Release Dates 2021 – Nike, Yeezy, Kobe, LeBron, KD