20.07.2017 - Spotlight on the main successes of the 2017 edition of the World PI Week campaign in this outcome press release "Public and Government eyes on Primary Immunodeficiency (PI) during World PI Week 2017 leads to political action".
In this section you will find key highlights and news on the WPIW campaign.
19.07.2017 - View the WPIW 2017 campaign report, shining the light on many successful stories and key achievements of WPIW 2017, at regional, national and local levels, in raising awareness of PI to ensure improved access to life-saving immunoglobulin therapies for PI patients worldwide.
23.05.2017 - A month ago, World PI Week just started. To mark this milestone, the World PI Week Committee is delighted to announce the results of the World PI Week 2017 Photo Contest #PIctureAwareness held from the 22nd to 5th of May 2017 on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
But first, thank you to all participants in the contest. We received many pictures showing your joy and engagement in celebrating the campaign, all over the world.
The two winners of the photo contest are:
- the International Patient Organisation for Primary Immunodeficiencies (IPOPI) team
- Maverick and the Akron Zips Men's Soccer team
Congratulations to the IPOPI team and to Maverick and the Akron Zips Men's Soccer team!
Take part in WPIW photo contest : #PIctureAwareness!
29.03.2017 - During WPIW 2017, the WPIW committee is organising a photo contest on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook to further raise awareness of Primary Immunodeficiency!
From the 22nd to 29th of April, share your WPIW picture with us on social media via #PIctureAwareness and get a chance to have it featured on the WPIW 2018 campaign poster! The two winning pictures will also be promoted in the WPIW 2017 outcome report, relayed widely via WPIW communication channels, and winners will receive a WPIW thank you award from the WPIW Steering Committee.
Winning pictures will be selected by the WPIW Committee and announced on the 22nd of May 2017.
- Pictures must exclusively relate to WPIW (activities, events held from 22-29th April, people taking part in the campaign etc) and be posted either on Twitter, on Instagram or on Facebook between the 22nd and 29th of April included.
- Each participant can only post one picture - Choose your best one!
- Use the hashtag dedicated to the photo contest when posting your picture on social media (#PIctureAwareness) and also add #WPIW to your publication
- The WPIW team reserves the right to remove from its communication channels without prior notice any picture that would relay violent, indecent messages or any picture it feels inappropriate to the context and purpose of the initiative
- Pictures shall meet the above criteria to be considered by the WPIW Committee during the selection process of the winning entry
08.03.2017 - The WPIW campaign infographic on immunoglobulin therapies, poster and e-banner are now available on WPIW website here.
Translated versions in French, Spanish, Italian, German and Arabic are available here and more to come!
Bookmarks with patients and professionals testimonies on access to immunoglobulin therapies will soon be available.
28.02.2017 - Today, on the occasion of Rare Disease Day, WPIW expresses full support to the awareness-raising campaign and calls for increased research on Primary Immunodeficiency diseases. WPIW press release is available here.
27.02.2017 - The WPIW 2017 campaign poster is now out! It is available on WPIW website here in five different versions to enable you to choose your favourite ones in order to spread the word and make the 2017 WPIW edition an even more successful one!
13.12.2016 - The 2017 WPIW campaign will focus on access to life-saving immunoglobulin replacement therapies for persons with primary immunodeficiency. Spread the word!